What is Ecommerce ?
In its simplest form ecommerce is the buying and selling of products and services by businesses or consumers over the World Wide Web.
People use the term “ecommerce” or “online shopping” to describe the process of searching for and selecting products in online catalogues and then “checking out” using a credit card and encrypted payment processing. Internet sales are increasing rapidly as consumers take advantage of
- lower prices offered by vendors operating with less margin than a bricks and mortar store
- greater convenience of having a product delivered rather than the cost of time and transport and parking of going to a store
- sourcing product more cheaply from overseas vendors
- great variety and inventory offered by online stores
- comparison engines that compare and recommend product
- auction sites, where they did for goods